well this is… fun
- innocently walking across the room with a glass of wine last night, thinking “hm, I shall sit and have a pleasant evening with some wine and chocolate and bad tv”
- right hip suddenly goes HAHAHA FUCK YOU I DON’T WANT TO BE IN MY SOCKET ANYMORE and subluxes itself with a loud and kind of disgusting CLUNK noise
- wine goes on floor, I land on my butt, glass breaks, I burst into tears
- incredibly helpful darksideofthelawn (who is kind of an expert on failtastic hip joints and is currently recovering from a gigantic icky dislocation himself) feeds me painkillers and instructs me carefully on how to relocate it, while I embarrassingly freak out because I can’t feel my right foot
- hip kaclunks back into place, circulation to foot resumes and I un-freak-out
- still hurts a lot though, so after an hour or two of lying down I go in search of more painkillers
- while looking for them, hip goes HAHAHA FOOLED YOU and kaclunks back out, depositing me on the floor again
- more embarrassing sobbing ensues, followed by crawling around the floor in a thoroughly undignified manner
- eventually substitute whiskey for painkillers because fuck it
- crawl back into bed and pass out
- crawl to doctors this morning, who looks very worried and prescribes me epic amounts of painkillers and mumbles things about MRI scans and orthopaedic consultants
- take all of the painkillers! (Okay, not all of them)
- hip now hurts significantly less (hurrah) and I feel somewhat like I’m floating around on a fluffy pink cloud in the sky (hurrah)
- however, I somehow have to still work today anyway (not hurrah)
- what is transcription?
- I have forgotten
I… kind of really want to go here.
(I really need to get missing e so I can reply to comments properly but until then…
I’m fine, it’s not life-threatening or anything just really uncomfortable, haha)
have finally finished work
only four hours past the deadline, whatever. /rejoices
and now I wish I could draw or read or something, but this is unlikely to happen due to this whole unfortunate “having to act like an adult” thing. need to cook and housework and bleurgh.
… in other news, people, with a few exceptions, still suck.
early thirties / disabled / english / female / queer / femme / likes cats and lizards and sealife / and roses / reads far too many books / posts too many cat pictures / also runs fuckyeahsealife / also has a stupid fandom blog, feel free to ask for its name / a lerista is a type of lizard
theme by Robin Wragg